- "You haven't got a prayer."
- ―Alien in possession of Granny's body
"Thy Kingdom Come" is the third episode of the 1st season of the War of the Worlds TV series.
The aliens trek to Canada in order to free more of their sleeping brethren. The Blackwood Project's only hope in finding them lies in the scattered mind of War of the Worlds veteran Sylvia Van Buren.
Sylvia Van Buren, a veteran of the 1953 invasion, tells Harrison and Ironhorse that the aliens are on the loose in northern Montana.
The aliens possess prison hockey players, then a vacationing family. The team follows their transmissions to a Canadian army base where the gate guards have been killed. The team members are arrested, but escape. The aliens locate others stored in a lake on the base and revive them, possessing many soldiers in the interim. Using explosives, the team drops a power line into the lake, electrocuting many aliens, but other aliens escape.
- Sylvia Van Buren: Harry, do you remember Clayton's study of the alien eye?
- Harrison: Vaguely. Why?
- Sylvia Van Buren: Because the way these things see us is more like...this doohickey little Saint Nicky.
- Suzanne: Harrison, we're wasting our time.
- Harrison: Hang in there, Suzanne.
- Suzanne: But she's mad.
- Sylvia Van Buren: Oh, yes, dear. Quite mad! And so would you be if you lived in a world all topsy turvy. I told them the aliens would be back and they didn't believe me. They said I was insane. So they hooked electrodes up to my brain 'til I couldn't even remember my name. Bzz, bzz, bzz! Rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain. This is not Spain, Harry.
- Harrison: What are you trying to tell me, Sylvia?
- Sylvia Van Buren: This is someplace on Earth. As seen from...outer space.
- Thy Kingdom Come at IMDb
- Thesis: Thy Kingdom Come (War of the Worlds 1×03) at TrenchcoatSoft Interactive
|War of the Worlds TV Series - Season 1|
|The Resurrection I The Walls of Jericho I Thy Kingdom Come I A Multitude of Idols I Eye For an Eye I The Second Seal I Goliath Is My Name I To Heal the Leper I The Good Samaritan I Epiphany I Among the Philistines I Choirs of Angels I Dust to Dust I He Feedeth Among the Lilies I The Prodigal Son I The Meek Shall Inherit I Unto Us a Child is Born I The Last Supper I Vengeance is Mine I My Soul to Keep I So Shall Ye Reap I The Raising of Lazarus I The Angel of Death|